We are asking that you utilize the below form to request a a new card, replacement card, or with any issues you are experiencing with your card. New, first time undergraduates and graduate students can follow this guide to submit a photo online and your card will be printed and available to you when you first come to campus. You can also contact us by email if you have any questions, ccard@newhaven.edu.

Campus Card Requests

Please use this form to request a new card, request a replacement card or for any issues you are currently experiencing with your campus ID card.

About Campus Card

All students are required to have a current Campus Card, and must keep the card with them when on campus to identify themselves as a member of the University community.

Account Features:

Dining Dollars

This is the primary fund for purchases at Sodexo locations and comes in varying amounts with every Meal Plan.

Charger Cash

This is the primary fund for Laundry, Vending, and all 3rd party vendors, including the Campus Bookstore. It is also the secondary fund used for Dining and Printing Services. Charger Cash is the only fund that deposits can be made to.

Laundry Services

All Residential Hall laundry services are free to residential students.


Log in here to check account balances, retrieve your monthly statement, and make deposits to Charger Cash.

Printing Funds

The University provides you with printing funds every semester that do not roll over. The remaining amount will be visible when the print job is complete.

Guest Deposit

Guests can also make deposits to Charger Cash using an eCard guest login.

The Basics:

All students, faculty, and staff are issued a University of New Haven Campus Card. The card includes the following features: picture ID, 16 digit ISO number, proximity chip, access to online and in-house University library services, and optional paid access to dining, vending, and third party vendor services. 

All students are required to have a current Campus Card and must keep the card with them when on campus to identify themselves as a member of the University community. Some events may require ID to be displayed to gain entry.  Once issued, the card is valid for 4 years or until you leave the University. Upon leaving the University, the card must be returned.

First Year and transfer students are photographed for their Campus Card during SOAR (Student Orientation and Registration).  Students are now being offered the opportunity to submit their initial photo online, provided it meets specific requirements.  Cards are issued at the beginning of the Fall semester for those students.  Other incoming undergraduate and graduate students, as well as faculty and staff, are issued throughout the year as needed. 


Your card is issued at no charge; however, if lost or damanged – this includes hole-punching your card- there is a card replacement cost of $20. Lost or damaged cards will be replaced by the Campus Card Office in the Campus Bookstore. Make lost or damaged card payment at the Campus Card Office using Charger Cash. You can add twenty dollars to your Charger Cash using Visa or Master Card by logging in here.

Cards which are not damaged but are no longer working properly will be replaced free of charge if they are in good condition. If your card is not working (door access or swiping at retail locations), you should stop by the office. The Campus Card staff will determine whether a card replacement is necesssary and if the fee should be waived based on the card’s current condition.

Charger Cash:

If Charger Cash has been added to the card, it can be used to make purchases at the University Bookstore, the Post Office in Maxcy Hall, and a number of local businesses including Subway, CVS, 7-Eleven, Dunkin Donuts and other locations. More info about Charger Cash.

Your card should be treated as a debit card. If you lose secure possession of the card, report it immediately. The University is not responsible for funds lost as a result of the loss of your card.

If the card is lost, login to eCard and deactivate your card immediately or report the loss to the Campus Card office during business hours (203) 932-7062.

Hours and Location:

The Campus Card Office is located in the One Stop in Bergami Hall. The office is located in room 143, which is near the classroom entrance. Students visiting the Campus Card Office should proceed to the doors on the far right side of the building and follow the signs. Campus Card is open the following hours, but will not be open to the campus community, effective through the end of the Winter Break . Hours will be updated at the start of the Winter 2021 break for Spring 2022 hours. Please email us or complete the form above.

Fall 2021 Hours

Monday& Tuesday: 8:30am – 8:00pm

Wednesday: 8:30am – 5:15 pm

Thursday: 8:30am – 8 pm

Friday: 10 am – 4:30pm

Winter Break Hours


**Please note that the Campus Card Office is staffed by students. Hours change on a semester by semester basis. In cases where the office hours will be other than posted, an email will be sent out notifying students.

You can call the campus card office at (203) 932-7062 during the hours listed above, or email ccard@newhaven.edu