Welcome New Students
Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to create a password for your University of New Haven account, set up DUO two-factor authentication (required), and download Outlook to your mobile device. Video instructions are also included for your convenience. After completing these steps, please click here to go to our technical support page for any additional technical help questions.
Here is what you will need to set up your account:
Step one: Setting up your password (required)
Please follow these step-by-step instructions
- Receive email entitled “Student Account Notification” from Student Tech Support with your new student ID and email address.
- Please visit https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/ to create your password for the first time. You must complete this step.
- Enter your new email address and the captcha in the image.
- Click “I forgot my password”
- Click “Email” to have a verification code sent to the same email address your student account notification email went.
- Receive and enter Verification Code
- Set your new password.
- Your new password has been set. You will receive a confirmation email to both your personal email account and your new student email account.
Step two: Setting up DUO (required)
DUO is an added layer of security to ensure no one is logging in with your account. With Duo’s single-tap, user-friendly interface, users can quickly verify their identity by approving push notifications before accessing applications. It’s just as quick to deny an unfamiliar login attempt, so users can easily stop fraudulent attempts to access personal data. To learn more, including how to enroll and manage devices, review the DUO Everywhere Frequently Asked Questions.
Please click here for step by step instructions on how to set up DUO or view the video below.
Part 1: Log into your account
Part 2: Download DUO and Scan
Step three: Setting up Outlook on your mobile device
Please click here for help setting up Microsoft Office 365.
Below are instructions on how to download outlook to your mobile device.
Please note: Outlook is the University of New Haven’s only supported email client and we highly recommend using it for the best experience.